December 22, 2005 that was the day it began.... My husband and I decided to try to conceive. That's when all the advice started flowing in..... Just Stop Tryin'!!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

How far along are you?

This is a question that I've heard far too often lately. In the last 2 weeks 4 people, people that don't know me, have asked me how far along I am, when my baby is due and other lovely questions like that. I politely tell them that "No, I'm not expecting". What I really want to tell them is that "No, I have PCOS, I can't lose weight and I wish I was pregnant but that might be impossible!". I wish there was a way to cut out my middle section. My face is a little pudgy but nothing I can't live with, it's my stomach, the part above my waist. I'm carrying around an extra tire everyday. I'm not about to break down so I really don't need it. Dieting scares me, I don't know where to start. If only I could lose a little, I'm sure my chances of conceiving will be better. If only....

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh do I EVER hear ya!!!
I look at myself in the mirror and cringe. Then I think, That's it! Tomorrow, I'm dieting! No more beers, no more moonpies, nothing!!!
I make it about 48 hours! I was just telling DH that I have NO WILL POWER! I can't do it. I think part of it that I can't stop thinking about getting pregnant. You'd think the two would go together, but they don't. Not for me. I'm so stressed about getting pregnant, I can't put the effort into dieting. I feel like a failure! So, this is what I do..........I try EVERYDAY to eat well. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I don't beat myself up. I figure 4 out 7 days is better then 0 out of 7!
So, since I feel in the same boat as you, why don't we partner up? No stress or rules, just simple checking in with one another. If we eat great Yay, if not we admit to each other and move on.
What do you say?